Ecoisme Limited, registered address at Kemp House, 160, City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX (collectively, “Ecoisme Limited”, "we", "us" or "our"), provides a smart home energy monitoring system that helps users save on their electricity bills and increases home awareness.
Ecoisme Limited products and services are composed of (1) hardware by Ecoisme Limited (“Hardware”) and software embedded in the Hardware (“Software”), (together, “Product”), and (2) an user account and applications and services made available to the user through mobile devices and/or our website (https://ecoisme.com) (the “Site”) (collectively, the “Service” or “Services”). Together the Product and Service are called “Ecoisme”.
Terms not defined herein are defined in the Ecoisme Terms & Conditions (https://ecoisme.com/terms).
BY VISITING OUR SITE OR USING OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU AGREE THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE HANDLED AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY AND THE ECOISME TERMS & CONDITIONS AND WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THE ENFORCEABILITY THEREOF WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF OUR SITE.
1. Information Collected
Personal & Account Information. Information you provide during Products and Services usage and setup, such as your name, surname, residential address and e-mail address. Additionally we collect unique identifiers such as your username and password.
Product Data. The Product collects such information, as model and serial number (if filled-in by the user), the Product’s network information (including IP address), the Product’s activity logs, and historic and current device configuration.
The Product collects detailed data about the consumption of electricity at the venue at which it is installed. It collects detailed wattage, voltage information and current strength, and uses this data to generate hypotheses about specific devices in use. A subset of this data is sent to our servers, where it is stored indefinitely. Any data sent to us by the Product is encrypted.
Mobile Device Information. Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device ID (which is similar to a website IP address), device type, operating system, and mobile service carrier as well as your location to provide notification.
Service Data. The Services may collect various information at setup time, and in the course of usage. We collect location data to set your time zone and to enhance product operations, country and region, e-mail address, we track application usage information to monitor customer experience, and we collect crash and error information for improving application experience.
General Website Data. We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Site. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, and other information you provide via the Site when you submit inquiries or request more information about our Product and Service. When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Site your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity of the Site.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used via the Service or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
To facilitate the delivery and use of the terminal equipment, the We collect, processes and uses the name, address, email, and telephone number as well as the IP address associated with the terminal equipment (""personal data"").
2. Collecting Information from Children
Ecoisme does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we determine we have collected personal information from a child younger than 13 years of age, we will take reasonable measures to remove that information from our systems. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Site and/or Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Sites, Services and/or Developer Content without their permission.
3. Third Party Applications
4. Use of Information We Collect
No information that we collect that is identifiable to you will be used in any way outside of our company without your express consent, except to the extent identified herein.
We may use information that we collect in the following ways:
- To improve our Services, Products and Sites. This includes improvements that are specific to your installation and that improve the Products, Service, and Site.
- To identify opportunities for you to improve the power consumption efficiency of your home in form of advices, such as ways to reduce electricity consumption, or identifying devices that are running inefficiently or may be failing.
- To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, Product, and Service.
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To provide and deliver the Product and Service you request.
- To send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To link or combine your information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- To send you marketing communications, where permitted by applicable law.
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
Ecoisme may store and process personal information in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and other countries.
5. Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work. For example, this information is shared on a limited basis to assist in managing the computers that store your personal and device information and to third parties that assist us in providing you with customer support. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- with affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and subsidiaries that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes. If we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- to comply with laws, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena;
- to protect our rights and property and that of our agents, customers, members, and others including to enforce our agreements, Terms & Conditions or this Policy;
- in an emergency to protect the personal safety of any person or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms & Conditions or this Policy.
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may share your aggregated and de-identified information, which is anonymized and does not identify you. We may use this information in a variety of ways, including to publish trends about energy use, and to generally improve our offerings. We may also share this anonymized information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
6. Your Information Choices and Changes
To review and update your personal information, you may view and edit your information from within the Services (i.e. application) or by contacting us at [email protected]
If you terminate the Service and uninstall or deactivate the Hardware, you may request that we delete all of the Product Data that was collected for your account. To request this, please send an email to [email protected]. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing [email protected]
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Service.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ reasonable efforts to protect the personal information that you share when you through the Site and/or when using our Product and Services. However, note that it is not possible to secure all transmissions made over the internet or through other content/information sharing devices. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT WE CAN GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU TRANSMIT TO US THROUGH THE SITE AND/OR WHEN USING OUR PRODUCT AND SERVICES. YOU PROVIDE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. In the event of a data or security breach that may compromise your personal information, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you and/or the requisite governmental or other regulatory agency promptly and as required by law. If you have any questions about the security of the information provided to us through the Site and/or when using our Product and Services, you can contact us at [email protected]
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices or changes to our services. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), through a push-notification, or by means of a notice in the app prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
9. Governing Law
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]